So the idea which I'm going a head with is, The Conventions of Being a Crime Detective. In this infographic I'll be exploring the formulas of what a typical detective character would do in order to solve a crime.
Heres some ideas/research on what a detective story/character would consist of.
1. The detective is usually memorable, they have something about them which allows them to stand out from the crowd.
2. There has to be a crime scene, this has to be significant and out of the ordinary.
3. The usual crime which is being investigated is Murder or Theft.
4. Criminal and Suspects are introduced early in the story.
5. There has to be multiple suspects, the initial suspect is usually not the guilty party.
6. The main suspect is one or the main characters.
7. The criminal must be a worthy opponent, so they have to be intellectual. This allow the viewer to engage more in the investigation.
8. All clues discovered must be made know to the viewers, this allow the audience to take part in solving the crime.